At the heart of the valley and the department, Amiens is a must-see stopover. The regional capital is proud of its river and its shores! Just a stone's throw from the cathedral and the restaurants of the Saint-Leu district, between the hortillonnages and the town centre, enjoy the ideal setting of our nautical relay at the Port d'Amont on board your boat.
Tours and leisure activities
Come ashore and visit the tourist sites near the Port d'Amont.
In the old town, discover the Saint-Leu district, its small streets with picturesque and colourful facades, its bars and cosy restaurants. A little higher up, visit the Notre-Dame d'Amiens cathedral and its towers. Finally, the Jardin des Plantes is the ideal site for a little break in the green.
Are you a yachtsman who swears by water? Extend your river experience in Amiens and discover our canals and rivers.
- In a horn boat in the Hortillonnages
- By electric boat during the International Garden Festival - Hortillonnages Amiens
- Electric boat rental at Amiens PlanetNautic
- Electric boat rental at Amiens Som'Nautic
- By electric boat with or without guide with “Les Copains Babords”
- In an electric boat with a guide at the "Jardin des Vertueux": 0033 6 30 89 43 21
- In a rowing boat at the Auberge Ô Jardin: 0033 3 22 92 04 27
The Somme Valley, an ideal valley
A gentle route for pedestrians and cyclists, it invites us to discover all the tourist, natural and cultural riches of the Somme Valley along the water. The Valley Houses welcome the public in an original way and lookout points allow you to see the beauty of the landscape from above.
From Ham to the mouth of the river in the bay estuary, the towpath has been converted into a peaceful and comfortable cycle path. Follow the water and enjoy the historical and natural riches of the valley over 160 km.
The 7 stages of the bicycle paths
- Ham > Péronne: 38 km
- Péronne > Froissy: 21 km
- Froissy > Corbie: 23 km
- Corbie > Amiens: 19 km
- Amiens > Long: 33 km
- Long > Abbeville: 17 km
- Abbeville > Baie de Somme: 16 km
Getting around and parking
The Amiens nautical relay is located at the Port d'Amont, less than an hour's navigation from the Lamotte lock (n°16) and a few minutes from the Amiens lock (n°17). There is a floating pontoon equipped with 3 terminals with 6 water and electricity connections (2 euros for 4 hours of energy), as well as a waste water pumping station (free of charge). If you are busy, you can also go to the Port d'Aval, just after passing through the Amiens lock (n°17), where two terminals were installed in 2016 (one opposite the Agence Fluviale, one on the pontoon at the foot of the ESIEE).
- Port d'Aval, 135m quay with two water-electricity terminals.
- Upstream of the Amiens lock, one water-electricity terminal.
- Port d'Amont, floating pontoon with three bollards and waste water station. Mooring in front of the halt is not permitted.
- Possibility of turning in front of the lock. Launching of the lock and the Parc Saint-Pierre
A few steps from the train station, our nautical relay is an ideal site to start or end your cruises, to make a change of captain, to join Paris, the Roissy CDG airport or Paris-Beauvais, or the other sites of the valley of the Somme and its bicycle path
For your peace of mind, the reinforced lighting of the Port d'Amont and a video-surveillance camera allow the pontoon and the moored boats to be monitored.
After 8pm, contact with boaters can be established in addition to regular visits by the Municipal Police.
- Post office: 14, place Parmentier, Amiens
- Launderette: 64, rue Saint-Leu, Amiens – 06 64 37 89 55
- Spar : 8, place Parmentier, Amiens – 03 22 22 03 31
- Total petrol station: 7 Port d’Aval, Amiens – 03 22 91 03 69
- Pharmacie Saint-Leu - Notre-Dame: 16, rue Saint-Leu, Amiens – 03 22 91 33 17
- ATM: La Poste, 14 place Parmentier, Amiens – Crédit Agricole, place du Don, Amiens
- Bike rental: Busyclette, 13 place Alphonse Fiquet, Amiens – Vélam, station n°11, boulevard du Port d'Amont, Amiens
Garage and nautical services
Nautic 80: 191, rue de Verdun, Amiens – 03 22 50 01 75 - email@example.com
Barone: 46, impasse Beauvillé, Amiens – 03 22 92 68 73 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Agence Fluviale et Maritime, PCE (on the forebay!): Tel: 06 74 83 60 69
From 8:30 - 11:45 am // 13:30 - 17:30 pm