AT THE HEART OF THE VALLEY AND THE DEPARTMENT, AMIENS IS A MUST AS A STOPOVER. OUR REGIONAL CAPITAL IS PROUD OF ITS RIVER AND ITS SHORES! JUST A STONE'S THROW FROM THE CATHEDRAL AND THE RESTAURANTS OF SAINT-LEU, BETWEEN THE HORTILLONNAGES AND THE CITY CENTRE, ENJOY THE IDEAL SETTING OF OUR MARITIME SERVICES AT PORT D'AMONT ABOARD YOUR BOAT.
Tours and leisure activities
Come ashore and visit the tourist sites near Port d'Amont.
Explore the historic Saint-Leu quarter with its small streets and picturesque and colourful facades, its bars and cosy restaurants. A little higher up, visit Notre-Dame d'Amiens cathedral and its towers. The Jardin des Plantes is the ideal place for a little break.
Are you a keen sailor who can’t get enough of the water? Extend your Amiens river experience as you discover our canals and waterways.
- On a traditional boat on the Hortillonnages
- By electric boat during the International Garden Festival - Hortillonnages Amiens
- Electric boat rental at Amiens PlanetNautic
- Electric boat rental at Amiens Som'Nautic
- By electric boat with or without guide with "Les Copains Babord"
- On a guided tour by electric-powered boat at the "Jardin des Vertueux": 0033 6 30 89 43 21
- On a rowing boat at the Auberge Ô Jardin: 0033 3 22 92 04 27
The Somme Valley, an ideal valley
A gentle route for pedestrians and cyclists, an invitation to explore all the tourist, natural and cultural riches of the Somme Valley along the water. The Maisons de la Vallée provide an original welcome to the public, and lookout points along the route show the beauty of the landscape from a vantage point.
From Ham to the mouth of the river in the bay estuary, the towpath has been converted into a peaceful and comfortable cycle path. Follow the water and enjoy the historical and natural riches of the valley over 160 km.
The 7 stages of the cycle paths
- Ham > Péronne: 38 km
- Péronne > Froissy: 21 km
- Froissy > Corbie: 23 km
- Corbie > Amiens: 19 km
- Amiens > Long: 33 km
- Long > Abbeville: 17 km
- Abbeville > Baie de Somme: 16 km
Navigation and mooring
The Amiens maritime services are located at the Port d'Amont, less than an hour's navigation from the Lamotte lock (n°16) and a few minutes from the Amiens lock (n°17). There is a floating pontoon equipped with 3 terminals with 6 water and electricity connections (2 euros for 4 hours of power), as well as a waste water pumping station (free of charge). If it’s busy, you can also go to the Port d'Aval, just after the Amiens lock (n°17), where two terminals were installed in 2016 (one opposite the Agence Fluviale and one on the pontoon at the foot of the ESIEE).
- Port d'Aval, 135m quay with two water-electricity terminals.
- Upstream of the Amiens lock, one water-electricity terminal.
- Port d'Amont, floating pontoon with three bollards and waste water station. Mooring in front of the facility is not permitted.
- Possibility of turning in front of the lock. Launching possible from the lock and from the Parc Saint-Pierre.
A few steps from the train station, our maritime services are an ideal place to start or end your cruises, change of captain, head to Paris, Roissy CDG airport or Paris-Beauvais, or other sites in the Somme Valley and the cycle route.
For your peace of mind, additional lighting at the Port d'Amont and a video-surveillance camera allow for monitoring of the pontoon and moored craft. After 8pm, the Police Municipal make regular visits and make contact with boaters.
- Post office: 14, place Parmentier, Amiens
- Launderette: 64, rue Saint-Leu, Amiens – 06 64 37 89 55
- Spar : 8, place Parmentier, Amiens – 03 22 22 03 31
- Total petrol station: 7 Port d’Aval, Amiens – 03 22 91 03 69
- Pharmacie Saint-Leu - Notre-Dame: 16, rue Saint-Leu, Amiens – 03 22 91 33 17
- ATM: La Poste, 14 place Parmentier, Amiens – Crédit Agricole, place du Don, Amiens
- Bike rental: Busyclette, 13 place Alphonse Fiquet, Amiens – Vélam, station n°11, boulevard du Port d'Amont, Amiens
Garage and nautical services
Nautic 80: 191, rue de Verdun, Amiens – 03 22 50 01 75 - email@example.com
Barone: 46, impasse Beauvillé, Amiens – 03 22 92 68 73 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Agence Fluviale et Maritime, PCE (on the forebay!): Tel: 06 74 83 60 69
From 8:30 - 11:45 am // 13:30 - 17:30 pm