An open air museum in Rivery (21, Impasse Marcel), dedicated to the human creators of this outstanding landscape of marsh gardens. Very large collection of material and equipment patiently assembled over many years by a couple of 'hortillons' (marsh gardeners), Thérèse and René Nowak. The museum sets out to illustrate the life of 'hortillons' in the past and their worthy successors of today. The museum tour ends with an electric boat trip along the 'rieux' (water channels) of Rivery so that visitors can see the Hortillonnages for themselves... Group tours must be reserved (Monday to Saturday). For information call: 06.02.02.19.60 or 03.22.91.95.53.
A destination for everyone
• Seul le musée est accessible aux PMR (pas la location de barque).
• Les barques ne sont pas équipées de dossier.
• Accompagnant nécessaire pour les personnes déficientes mentales.
- Not accessible to people with wheelchair
- Accessible to people with hearing disabilities
- Accessible to people using a cane
- Accessible to people with mental disabilities
- Private parking with spaces for disabled motorists
- Toilets accessible by people with disabilities
Free individual tours
Guided individual tours
Average visit duration
Languages of the visit
- Picnic area
- Lock-up equipment store
- Free car park
- Drinks machine
Things to do
- Temporary exhibitions
- Junior workshop