The mill at Candas is more commonly called "Fanchon's mill", after the name of the last miller. It's one of the last remaining brick and sandstone tower mills with an unusual roof. It has just been restored and now looks just as it did in the 18th century.
This recently restored windmill is the sole survivor of the three windmills at Candas (1809 census). It was used for milling wheat until 1914 the various cereals until 1922.
- Picnic area