Maison de Jules Verne
The house where Jules Verne lived from 1882 to 1900 today combines imaginary elements with the daily life of the famous writer. From the winter garden to the attic, you can immerse yourself in the authentic atmosphere of a 19th century town house with its period furniture.
After major renovation works, the "House with the Tower" in Amiens, where Jules Verne lived from 1882 to 1900, once again offers visitors a space where the imaginary world and the daily life of the famous writer mix.
This luxury 19th century mansion house witnessed the success of the writer, who wrote most of his "Extraordinary Voyages" there.
Both imposing and modest, on four levels and through over 700 objects in the Amiens Metropole collection, the house reveals the personality, sources of inspiration and memories of Jules Verne.
From the conservatory to the attic, relive the adventures of his heroes: Michel Strogoff, Phileas Fogg, Captain Nemo, etc.
AccessibilityHearing handicap Mental handicap Motor handicap Visual handicap
Historical monuments category
A destination for everyoneyes
• Les espaces de circulation sont parfois restreints et sous combles.
• Éclairage tamisé dans les salles d’exposition.
• Escalier à claire-voie avec nez de marche non contrastés et mains courantes non prolongées au-delà des marches.
• Visite en LSF sur tablette disponible à l’accueil.
• Service Acceo ouvert du lundi au vendredi de 9h30 à 17h30.
- Acceo service for people with hearing disabilities
- Not accessible to people with wheelchair
- Accessible to people with hearing disabilities
- Accessible to people using a cane
- Accessible to people with mental disabilities
- Disabled lift
- Magnetic loop system for the hearing impaired
- Documentation in Braille
- Documentation in large print
- Resting space
- French sign language
- Toilets accessible by people with disabilities
The pro’s view :-)
Exploring the Jules Verne house makes visitors feel truly privileged. The period furniture sets the scene in which imaginary elements are combined with aspects of the writer's daily life. A truly 'authentic' experience!
Free individual tours
Guided individual tours
Average visit duration
Languages of the visit
Audio guide languages
- Fully equipped meeting room
- Drinks machine
Things to do
- Temporary exhibitions
- Specific theme activities
- Junior workshop
- Specialist conferences
Means of payment
- Credit card
- Postal or bank cheques
- Holiday vouchers
01/01/2024 to 31/12/2024
Notes on closures: Tuesday