Eglise de Sains-en-Amiénois
The church houses some outstanding objects from ancient times which illustrate the progression from pagan to Christian worship. They were discovered during archaeological excavations undertaken in the 19th century by Father Messio. They are on display inside the church.
The roof structure of this church dates from 1492. It has chalk walls above a flint and tufa base. The buttresses, divided at mid height by a band, have been restored with bricks and covered in slates. Subject of local pride, the west façade has a 'campenard' (belfry wall) housing a remarkable 90cm bell made by Ancel Gourdi, (listed historical monument in 1912). The bell is engraved with a dedication to the Lord of Vignacourt and to Madame Suzanne, his sister.