Citadel created by King Henri IV who wished to protect the northern frontier of his kingdom after the town had been captured by the Spanish in 1597. The famous story of the "ché mat'cheux d'gueugues" (the walnut eaters in Picardy dialect)…
After the Spanish took the town in 1597, Amiens Fortress was built by Henri IV to reinforce the northern border of the kingdom. Despite its historic, architectural and landscape appeal, the fortress, built on a former Roman route and the ruins of Middle Age and Renaissance fortifications, remains largely unknown by the general public. Take the opportunity, at the start of this project to build a university, to discover this site undergoing a genuine facelift, situated between the north of the city and the centre of the Picardy capital.
A destination for everyoneyes
• L’installation d’une partie du campus universitaire en septembre 2018 a entraîné la réhabilitation du site en prenant en compte l’accessibilité pour les personnes en situation de handicap. Cependant, certaines parties de la voirie ont eu des dérogations en raison d’un degré de pente trop élevé ou de passage trop étroit.
• Accessibilité fauteuils depuis l’avenue Charles de Gaulle.
• Pas de WC publics.
- Not accessible to people with wheelchair
- Accessible to people with hearing disabilities
- Accessible to people using a cane
- Accessible to people with mental disabilities
Free individual tours
Guided individual tours
Average visit duration
Languages of the visit
Means of payment
- Postal or bank cheques