Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens
It is THE treasure of Amiens and a UNESCO World Heritage site - not to be missed! This impressive feat of (contemporary) technology was built between 1220 and 1288. It is one of the largest Gothic buildings ever constructed in the world. Notre-Dame de Paris could fit twice inside it (!)
A UNESCO heritage site.
Proof of real technical genius, the Notre-Dame d'Amiens cathedral demonstrates architectural harmony. Built from 1220 to 1288, its size makes it one of the biggest Gothic buildings ever built: 145 m long, 42 m high, and a total volume of 200,000 m3. Its indoor and outdoor statuary is just as remarkable as its architecture. Since it was restored, the polychromy of its Gothic doors has become a main reference. This revelation gave rise to the "Amiens, a cathedral in colours" show, which offers a reproduction of the original medieval colours.
Historical monuments category
A destination for everyoneyes
• Zone piétonne pavée.
• Entrée principale par la place Notre-Dame avec plusieurs marches pour accéder à l’édifice.
• Entrée accessible par la rue Cormont. Si cet accès est fermé, s’adresser à l’Office de Tourisme qui se chargera de contacter le gardien pour l’ouverture.
• Plans inclinés à l’intérieur de l’édifice.
• WC PMR disponibles sur simple demande à l’Office de Tourisme situé au pied de la cathédrale.
- Not accessible to people with wheelchair
- Accessible to people with hearing disabilities
- Accessible to people using a cane
- Accessible to people with visual disabilities
- Accessible to people with mental disabilities
- Resting space
- French sign language
The pro’s view :-)
Welcoming visitors to Amiens cathedral is a real privilege. Telling them the story of this building and helping them to understand its mysteries are part of our mission as guides.
Free individual tours
Guided individual tours
Average visit duration
Languages of the visit
Audio guide languages
- Paying car park
Things to do
- Temporary exhibitions
- Junior workshop
- Sound and Light