The traditional Hortillonnages floating market
Organised at the same time as the City Festival, the Floating Market revives the tradition of 19th century market garden activity in Amiens...
Once a year, as part of the City Festival, the floating market takes place as in days gone by.
‘Hortillons’ (market gardeners for the hortillonnages) in traditional costume come down the Somme in their pointed boats loaded with vegetables, fruit and flowers to Place Parmentier.
The tie up on the quai and set up their stalls - the market can now begin. This colourful market brings back to life the odours, costumes and ancestral tradition of the authentic products of the hortillonnages.
A destination for everyoneyes
• Manifestation soumise à très forte affluence.
- Not accessible to people with wheelchair
- Accessible to people with hearing disabilities
- Accessible to people using a cane
- Accessible to people with mental disabilities